The growing popularity of CrossFit has made Olympic lifting more popular than ever. Today, we're going to show you how to power clean and metcon.
| Warm-up |
1. 3 rounds of 15 air squats, 15 kb swings, 5 push-ups
2. Pre-workout nutrition a. Carbs / Protein / Fats b. Taking Pre-Workouts
| Mobility |
1. Importance of mobility
2. Elbow position
3. Overhead Squat a. Air Squat b. Squat therapy c. Hands in the Air Squat d. PVC pipe squat e. Barbell
4. Front Squat a. Front Squat Hold b. Bottom of Front Squat Hold c. Where to hold the barbell? d. Where should your elbows be?
| Starting the Clean |
1. What is the "purpose." This is not a "back" or "leg" exercise.
2. Athleticism, speed, power, coordination, looking awesome. Full body exercise in one movement.
3. Hang. Not from the floor. You're not ready. Power. Not full; you're not ready
4. Barbell moves from violent hip extension, not from your arms.
5. The reverse curl and why it's ugly
6. 1,2,3 pulls
7. Start positions a. Power position b. Hamstrings, hamstrings, hamstrings
8. Pulling a. Hips first b. Elbows after--fast elbows c. Move your feet d. Stop jumping e. Bend your knees to catch f. Timing is hard
9. Adding weight a. Drill baby, drill b. Stop when your form stops c. Position over depth
10. Jerk a. Don't jerk. You're not ready. b. Do strict press and push press
| Metabolic conditioning |
1. Once you're done with your lifting, condition!
2. 10 minute AMRAP a. 10 burpees b. 10 kb swings c. 10 box jumps d. 10 sit-ups